puss in boots


 I went in with high expectations. It surpassed them.

Puss in Boots (2022) is the best movie I've seen recently. It's laugh out loud funny throughout the whole movie. The writing is witty and snappy and really fun. Antonio Banderas is perfect reprising the role of Puss in Boots. Salma Hayek is fantastic as Kitty Softpaws. I don't know the actor playing Perrito, but he's very funny in this role. John Mulaney is great and nasty as the evil Jack Horner. And Florence Pugh is fun as Goldilocks with her adopted family of three bears. 

All of the characters are searching for a map that will lead them to a wishing star, and that star will grant the person one wish. I won't give spoilers by telling you what they are all wishing for or what happens. But the end is VERY satisfying.

The movie begins with a song that is EXTREMELY catchy and gives us one of the best movie openings I've seen since Capt Jack Sparrow stepped off the sinking ship in Pirates of the Caribbean. 

I HIGHLY recommend this movie. It's rated PG for "rude humor/language, action/violence, some scary moments". All strong language is bleeped out (there's one short tirade by Perrito). 

"Fear me if you dare!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heathers

the green mile

The Little Mermaid